MSP430 JTAG-TINY-V2 with CCS v7

Started by amarti, February 03, 2017, 12:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amarti

Hi everybody.

I was working with CCS 6.1.2 and jtag-tiny-v2. They was working fine.
Some days ago I installed new version of CCS, version 7, and now, I'm unable to debug.
I followed the same steps I done to install drivers and copy file to CCS folder wiht version 6.1.2, but it seems CCS7 doesn't detect Olimex's debugger.

Thanks for your help,

Tony.

LubOlimex

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use Code Composer Studio 7 with our MSP430 debuggers. The latest version supported is CCS 6.1.2, newer version would return the following error when attempting to connect the Olimex debugger: "Unable to locate entry point for MSP430_EEM_SetClockControl2".

The problem would be with all tools that use "MSP430 Debug Stack 3.8.0.2" or newer as basis. There were major changes in "MSP430 Debug Stack 3.8.0.2" that caused incompatibility with the firmware loaded in our MSP430 debuggers. To fix the issue we need to update the firmware but I'm not seeing this happening anytime soon.

I've edited the web-pages of our MSP430 debuggers to notify about this incompatibility with the latest software tools.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

lvdl

I'am on Windows 10.
I just want program and debug MSP430-CCRF olimex card (CC430F5137 chip) using an IDE and a MSP430 JTAG-TINY-V2 interface.

I have tested CCS IDE V4.x.x, V5.x.x and V7.x.x and have a lot of problems: the list is too long to detail it here.

I spent a lot of time on that: If I can program/debug examples without Radio HAL code, when I try Radio CC430F examples, I never reach the first instruction in main.c to debug ? (comm CCS with MSP430 JTAG-TINY-V2 seems to be blocked)

So I would like only be abble to afford an IDE (CSS if possible) reference wich can program and debug your MSP430-CCRF olimex card in an HAL environment (use of the Radio API)

Best regards

LubOlimex

I would try to get the same hardware and software setup here so I can test at the same terms. I would post here also. Just one thing regarding this sentence:

"I have tested CCS IDE V4.x.x, V5.x.x and V7.x.x and have a lot of problems: the list is too long to detail it here."

No point of testing with CCS v7.x.x it will not work for sure. CCS 6.1.2 is the last version supported (e.g. 6.1.3 would also not work).
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Riscy00

Do you plan to fix this issue or not borthered anymore?