USB camera UVC error

Started by delphi, September 03, 2015, 07:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delphi

USB camera UVC error
[   95.291174] uvcvideo: Failed to query (GET_DEF) UVC control 8 on unit 2: -1 (exp. 2).                                               
[   95.291212] uvcvideo: Failed to query (GET_DEF) UVC control 1 on unit 2: -1 (exp. 2).                                               
[   96.301067] uvcvideo: uvc_dequeue_buffer is failed!!(ret:-11)
We use the core from self-destroyer account. All actionse were accroding to Linaro build image instruction.
It seems that neither Olimex neither Radxa not tested the 3.036+ with standart UVC camera and it is not working.
We try to use 4 different web cameras and it seems that all of ones have the same error.
We have seen a couple of discussion with Radxa patches but it seems that some of them are at the current branch of Olimex and another ones have no effect.
We have a plan to bought 10-20 SOM modules every month. Olimex engineers should understand that this using this board and USB camera is very important part of many applications.

delphi

Guvcview has no image and write
Error grabbing image
liv4l2: error dequeuing buffer: Invalid argument

delphi

I don't know why but luvcview has an image from one of cameras (widecam 1050) but have a green picture from another one.
Chromium cann't use successfully no one cameras

MBR

What does the luvcview say when you capture the green image? For example, for my (working) UVC webcam, it's

Device information:
  Device path:  /dev/video0
Stream settings:
  Frame format: YUYV (MJPG is not supported by device)
  Frame size:   640x480
  Frame rate:   30 fps

I saw webcams that reported MJPEG support but were able capture in YUV only, so try choosing a different format (eg. uyvy instead yuv).

blackwhite

Hello,

I am also having problem with USB camera on RK3188-SOM-EVB. When try to use it with opencv I am getting these errors and camera is not opening at all.

libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: invalid argument VIDIOC_DQBUF:invalid argument
[ 6441.310330] uvcvideo: uvc_dequeue_buffer is timeout!!

When I run it with luvcview it only works at 2-3 fps which is incredibly slow and also giving this error:

libv4l2: error dequeuing buf:success

Has anyone got solution for that?

SAbadshah

I'm not sure why, but luvcview displays a picture taken with one camera (the widecam 1050) but a green image taken with a different camera.
No one can successfully use Chrome with cameras.