[solved] need help with PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220

Started by dsp, June 01, 2015, 09:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsp

I have spend a few days already looking for answeres how to get this running:

I have a PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 and I would like to use it.
I installed latest pinguino-ide versions from svn, from git, on Archlinux, Debian, OSX and Windows.
I am loosing hope that pinguino IDE will work for me and found MPIDE which looks very promising. Is it possible to use with the MX220? Do I need a programmer? Or what about UECIDE?

Current state of getting pinguino to work:
* Windows
Most promising so far is Windows: only thing that does not work is the board does not get recognized.
I can see it in Windows Hardware Manager as Input Device, when I enter Bootloadermode (Red and Green lights flashing fast). I never get asked for drivers and I can't change the driver (If I select "update driver" and then choose the right .inf file from hacking labs) Windows tells me that there is no suitable driver present.

* Debian
I used the install script to isntall compilers and ide. When linking ld is complaining it cant find -lgcc. From what I have read is, that static library libgcc is missing. How can I get this and where should it be.

-- both these scenarios I have already found in various forums, unfortunately with no solution --

* Archlinux
when compiling libmpc.so.2 was missing. When I made a symlink in /usr/lib to libmpc.so.3.0.0 next thing libgmp.so.3 was missing. (symlink-> so.10.2.0) New Errors came -> gave up and switched to Debian...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I would really like this board to work. Currently I have borrowed an Arduino which I was planning to exchange with this board.

Thank you for reading.
Dominik

dsp

wow, that forum post really helped...

it works now in Windows with the old version (rev999) of pinguino-ide available here:
http://wiki.pinguino.cc/index.php/Category:IDE_Downloads

it seem to be connected with the code of the IDE, not the driver. When I try to do same thing with same setup pinguino version 11.0 beta.3 doesn't find the MX220 while the rev999 uploads everything just fine.

I am very happy to be able to start using it.